It’s been 3.5 weeks of becoming Vegan and I’ve never been happier with a lifestyle change. Yes, the first 1.5 weeks were hell and extremely difficult for me. Having to fight the cravings, the temptations, and not give in to all the CHEESE! I thought I wouldn’t be able to do it, but sure enough, I pulled through and have never felt better.
All too often, not knowing what to make or eat is a problem people have that scares them away from being Vegan- or at least trying it. There are SO MANY Vegan options and it’s actually so much more flavorful than real meat or real dairy products, to be honest.
One of my biggest worries was giving up my favorite meat spaghetti sauce, but I recently found that I don’t have to! (YAY for Trader Joes & Whole Foods). There are so many Vegan alternatives to your favorite meats & dairy products, that you won’t even miss it.
Since I’ve made the change to being Vegan, I’ve lost 4 lbs, my skin has gotten much clearer, and I’ve had so much more energy. I just feel so much healthier overall. Not to mention, we’re saving the animals cuz…. Friends not food!
This vegan pasta recipe is super easy and takes almost no time to make since beef-less beef cooks in more than half the time than real beef.
-I prefer using Classico Pasta sauce (either Classico-Fire Roasted Tomato & Garlic or Classico-Spicy Tomato & Basil), you can use your preferred pasta sauce instead as well.
-I added chopped zucchini in my sauce, but you can any vegetables you like as well. (mushrooms would go really great with this recipe).
1 LB Penne Pasta (I use Whole Wheat)
One 24 oz jars of Classico Pasta Sauce* (see Notes)
12 oz Trader Joes’ Beef-less Beef (1 package)
1 Red onion, finely chopped
3-4 Jalapenos, finely chopped (adjust according to your desired spice level)
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 Zucchini, chopped
2 Tbsp Paprika (adjust according to your desired spice level)
3-4 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp Olive Oil
- Cook penne pasta as instructed on box.
- In a large pan, drizzle 1 tsp olive oil and add the onions and jalapenos. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add garlic, cook for additional 2 minutes and add zucchini- cook until soft.
- Add in the beef-less beef. Make sure to break apart the beef-less beef in small bite-size chunks by mixing often.
- Once the beef-less beef has cooked completely, add in all your spices (salt, paprika, Italian seasoning, and red chili powder), cook for 5-10 minutes so the protein can absorb all the spices.
- Add the pasta sauce and mix well, let simmer for 20-25 minutes on low heat. Make sure to taste your sauce to see if any adjustments need to be made with the spices.
- Mix in the cooked pasta and combine well, making sure you cover the pasta completely with the sauce.
- Serve and Enjoy!