This past weekend I was having a huge Netflix and Pizza kind of craving. I just wanted to veg out on my bed, eat some pizza, and watch Friends. I was about to order some pizza when I thought how much of it would go to waste, how fatty it is, how I’d have to physically go and pick it up, blah blah. So I figured, why not make some myself!
The easiest part about Puff Pastry Pizza is that all the ingredients are most likely already in my kitchen, I can customize this pizza with any topping I want, and it’s super fast and easy to make.
Traditional pizza dough can be pretty heavy at times, then you have to add the sauce and the cheese, etc; it just gets really heavy for me. I wanted to have something a little on the lighter side, so I thought puff pastry should do the trick! I always have some on hand and luckily had a sheet thawed already from a cream cheese blueberry pastry I made the other day (I’ll put up the recipe for that soon as well). What I love about puff pastry is how light and airy it is, it doesn’t taste like dough and is definitely not as heavy either. It makes the perfect amount so I don’t have to feel bad about storing leftovers.
I decided to go with the classic pepperoni but you can easily use absolutely any topping you want; it’s so much fun to play around with all the different ways you can make this.
1 sheet Puff Pastry (thawed)
3 cloves Peeled Garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, cut in halves
10-12 Slices of Pepperoni
Parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic and olive oil. Keep aside.
- Take out the puff pastry and roll it out to stretch out the sheet. With a pizza cutter, cut the sheet right down the middle and put both pieces on a baking sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the olive oil and garlic mixture on top of each pastry sheet.
- Top each sheet with cheese, making sure to lay it out evenly throughout.
- Add the tomatoes and pepperoni (or your desired toppings) and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot. Enjoy 🙂