It’s been way too long since I’ve gotten to post on here. I’ve gone through so many life changes that It’s been crazy busy in my life lately. I’m hoping to get back to posting regularly though.
I started to take a bit of a healthier approach to my eating habits so you’ll probably see a mix of healthy recipes and well..not so healthy recipes. hah!
Lasagna is one of my FAVORITE Italian recipes to make when I have a pretty big group to feed. A couple weekends ago, we invited a few friends over for dinner and one of the items I made was this delicious lasagna! It was definitely a hit with everyone! I make it really different than the classic way of making it though, I don’t go overboard with the different kind of cheeses, to be honest. I make it pretty simple so it’s not overly heavy.
For the meat sauce, I actually use the same meat sauce I use in my spaghetti recipe, which is why I love how versatile the sauce is.
1 box of Lasagna Pasta Noodles
48 oz Cottage Cheese (I use 2% Milkfat)
1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Cook the lasagna pasta, but only cook it halfway
- Make the spaghetti sauce according to the recipe (found here)
- To begin assembling the lasagna, add some of the spaghetti sauce and spread it on the bottom of the dish.
- Then add the pasta noodles, side by side on top of the sauce
- Add a layer of cottage cheese on top of the noodles and spread it all over to completely cover the pasta
- Add a hefty amount of sauce on top of the cottage cheese, enough to cover the dish.
- Repeat the steps by adding the pasta noodles, then cottage cheese, & then the sauce.
- Finally, spread the mozzarella cheese on top
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy 🙂