With summer here, I’ve found myself craving light and cool treats instead of something really heavy and fatty. Treats like cheesecake bars, frozen blueberry bites, yogurt cups, etc are perfect for this summer heat. When I made these bars, it was the perfect snack that I could take in and out of the freezer whenever I want.
I made these in a very similar way that I make cheesecake except I replaced the unhealthy ingredients with healthier substitutes to keep it lighter. I used greek yogurt instead of cool whip, added sliced blueberries, and used a lighter cream cheese for the filling. It makes a great and healthy snack for any time during the day, especially when you’re in a rush, you can just grab it on the go from the freezer.
You can easily turn these into cheesecake bars if you’re wanting something more decadent.
1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
2 Tbsp Melted Butter
8 oz softened Light Cream Cheese
1 cup Greek Yogurt
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp Sugar
1.5 cup Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Mix together the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs using a fork.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper and add the graham cracker crumbs; flatten it out on the bottom to create a crust.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes to let the crust harden.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, vanilla, and blueberries.
- Add the mixture to the square baking pan and smooth out with a spatula. Put in the freezer and let it chill for at least 2-3 hours.
-After I’ve let it chill for 3 hours I like to take it out and cut it into small bar sized rectangles and then store them in a plastic Tupperware. This makes it easy to grab them out of the freezer whenever you want so you don’t have to thaw the entire pan when you want a piece.