One of my favorite things about downtown San Francisco is all the bakeries that are there. Whenever I visit, I always have the hardest time deciding between which bakery to go to since they’re all equally amazing. My very first time in San Fran, I went to a bakery for breakfast and decided to go for a cream cheese blueberry pastry and it was just amazing!!
I woke up this morning craving breakfast pastries and decided to try and recreate what I had in San Francisco. It takes barely any time to make with few ingredients and the combination of cream cheese and fruit on pastry dough is so simple yet so delicious. The best part is you can put any kind of fresh berries on top.
1 sheet Puff Pastry
8 oz Cream Cheese at room temperature
3 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry to stretch it out.
- With an electric mixer, mix together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until it’s smooth.
- Use a round cookie cutter and cut out pieces of puff pastry.
- Take a spoonful of the cream cheese mix and spread it on top of each pastry piece. Leave about an inch around bare, so it has a nice fluffy texture.
- Add the berries on top of the cream cheese mix and bake in the oven for 18 minutes.
- Wait 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy 🙂