Chicken and Avocados… does it really get any better? These patties are the most simple to make but taste so scrumptious. I make kebabs quite often, chicken & turkey, but this time I wanted to try something different, something light.
I never would have thought the combination of avocado and chicken would be so delicious. The avocado almost melts in your mouth and keeps the chicken soft and moist, it’s absolute perfection. You can really serve these in any way you’d like. Here are a couple of ideas:
Greek Chicken Avocado Wraps-
- Spread hummus (I used roasted red pepper hummus for extra spice) all over Greek Pita Bread (I used whole wheat).
- Cut up a couple of cherry tomatoes and a few slices of cucumber and onions.
- Cut the Chicken Avocado Patties into slices and lay on one side of the pita bread.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, and onions on top of the chicken patties. You can even add a little shredded Parmesan if you like too.
- Fold the pita in half and Enjoy!
Chicken Avocado Sliders-
- Cut a few Hawaiian Dinner Rolls (I use the savory butter) in half and drizzle some olive oil on the flat ends.
- Put them on a baking sheet (face down) and bake for about 3-5 minutes at 350º F.
- Spread some Veggie Dip (or your preferred dip) on the baked dinner rolls.
- Add the Pattie, cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes to the rolls to make a burger.
- Cut the sliders in half and Enjoy!
Chicken Avocado Patties-
1 Avocado (peeled and sliced into small chunks)
1 Lb Ground Chicken
1 Jalapeno (finely chopped)
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together and mix well (I used my hands for best results). You want to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated well together.
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat and drizzle some olive oil.
- Take about 2-3 tbsp of the chicken mixture and form into patties.
- Cook on the skillet (about 2-4 minutes each side)
- Serve hot and enjoy!